Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The New Queen of All Media

I'd like to announce my latest "blogsperiment": a new blog dedicated to TV, film and music, which I'm calling The Queen of All Media. Hardly a revolutionary concept, I know, but I'm still baby-stepping it into cyberspace.

My ultimate goal is to replace my MySpace page, because... well, because MySpace is evil (as anyone who has been here before should already know). While others may use their MySpace for networking or other useful purposes, mine has primarily been a repository for all the random pop culture garbage that I find amusing. I change the content on a weekly basis, with all kinds of fun video clips each week. So I plan to start doing that on my new blog now instead.

I would have switched over completely a long time ago, except I've been experiencing some technical difficulty when posting video on Blogger - particularly YouTube. I'm able to embed the video, but the playback (at least on my laptop, Keith) has been choppy and basically unwatchable. So I've been experimenting with other video options, but so far none are as useful as YouTube. I've uploaded some clips directly to Blogger, which usually works, but it is a cumbersome process to say the least. I've had a bit better luck with YouTube on my new blog, but so far I've only used it in the sidebar, which may work differently. If anyone has any helpful tips on this subject, I would greatly appreciate them.

For now, I'll just keep on experimenting - I mean "blogsperimenting" - until I'm satisfied. I haven't decided if I'm going to post all TV & film clips to the new blog only, or if I'll continue to post them here as well. Let me know if you have any opinions on that topic.

----------------
Now playing: John Cooper Clarke - Evidently Chickentown
via FoxyTunes

No comments: