Friday, October 12, 2007

Lower companion monkeys are running MySpace

So I just looked at my MySpace blog page, as I am required to do every time I post there. I'm not checking for grammatical errors - I always post here first, and a combination of Blogger's spell-check & my proofreading usually fix all that before I even get there. No, I have to check to see what new and wonderful ways MySpace has concocted to fuck up my page.

As you might guess, I was not disappointed. While I was finally able to use the size & color of font that I like for my post (which I haven't been able to do for at least a month), my header fonts were once again completely different than I had set them. Different color, different size, different style. They were fine yesterday, which I hope means that this is a recent problem.

For those of you who haven't been following my blog and therefore haven't had the pleasure of reading my previous rants, suffice it to say that this has been an ongoing problem. Last time it took over a month for MySpace support to fix it, and I still have to tweak it at least once a week.

On the plus side, I was able to put my settings back on the first try this time, which is refreshingly new. At this point, I have 3 theories as to why this keeps happening:

1.) Mischievous elves living in our home network are changing all my settings.
2.) Rupert Murdoch is not only super-evil, but has way too much free time.
3.) MySpace sucks donkey.

I'm leaning toward either 2 or 3, but I'm not sure that they're mutually exclusive, so it could be both. I'm not ruling anything out at this point. Of course, if Mark were here, I'm sure he would point out that there are definitely no elves in Marknet, but that it could be my dark lower companion monkey who comes out to blow up balloons at children's parties. Yeah, I don't really understand it, either.

Stay tuned as this gripping drama continues to unfold.

----------------
Now playing: Ben Folds - Doctor My Eyes
via FoxyTunes

No comments: