Monday, October 15, 2007

I will NOT be MySpace's bitch!

As expected, I was able to catch up on a lot of my queued TiVo programs this weekend - one of the few upsides of being abandoned by your spouse for two whole days (*sniff*). Of course, I had to save many of the best shows for Mark, so I mostly watched the shows he doesn't follow. But we did manage to squeeze in several shows this afternoon after he got back from his trip.

So I'm now officially up to date on: ER, Shark, CSI, My Name Is Earl, The Office, How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Two And A Half Men, Rules of Engagement, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and The Simpsons. The first 3 are shows Mark doesn't watch, and we only caught up on the others because they are comedies & therefore don't require nearly as much attention as the hourlong dramas do. Most of Mark's designated TV time is spent in veg mode - which is understandable, after 9 hours at work and around 3 hours total commute each day.

For the record, we still need to get to: Family Guy (1), American Dad (2), Heroes (1), Chuck (2), Journeyman (3), Law & Order SVU (3), House (1), Bones (3), 30 Rock (2), Big Shots (3), Law & Order CI (2), Robot Chicken (4), South Park (1) and a few other random programs. I keep telling Mark that he needs to take a few "TV vacation days" if he ever wants to catch up to the TiVo, but he disagrees - something about the mortgage and his career and something something, blah blah blah. He obviously needs to reexamine his priorities...

Not that I'm complaining about any of this... It's refreshing to have so many new, good (so far - and we haven't actually seen Journeyman or Big Shots yet, so the jury's still out on them) programs from which to choose. And I'm certainly not upset with the TiVo, either - that would be heresy, and I would never risk the displeasure of the TiVo gods. Just looking at our list of unwatched programs & picturing what it would be like if I had to tape all that on the VCR (and keep track of it, too) makes me shudder. I have to struggle to remember our pre-TiVo days...I have a vague recollection of labels and lists and sticky notes and about 12 remotes, and I'm pretty sure there was a horse & buggy involved somehow, too. I've blocked out most of it, though.

Something I am more than happy to complain about, though, is MySpace. I can't be the only one experiencing the bizarre, random and annoying technical difficulties to which I have been subjected lately. Today's entry into the devil's lottery was a glitch in the Bulletin function. I don't use it much - my last bulletin was 2 weeks ago, so this may not be a new problem. For some reason my message kept being repeated, like someone had copied & pasted it at the end of my last sentence. Every time I tried to go in & edit it, I instead ended up with another repeat of my text, eventually receiving the same message iterated 5 times in one post. The only way to avoid this was to cancel the post altogether.

In the end, I just tacked on an apology for the vagaries of MySpace, and sent it out in all its multiple glory. I expected to see several such multiple posts, but all the bulletins I received both before & after appeared to be completely normal. This leads me to believe that it is only MY account having the problem, which of course brings me back to the unholy Rupert Murdoch and the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy.

As they say, it's not paranoia when they really are out to get you.

----------------
Now playing: Joshua Radin - Winter
via FoxyTunes

No comments: