Friday, October 5, 2007

My So-Called Life

I've been woefully neglecting my blog ever since I got my new fancy cellphone last weekend. It seems like it would be a really cool phone, if I could manage to wrap my pea-sized brain around it & make it work. I think I've ironed out most of the technical difficulties (knock wood), so I'm hoping it will be smooth sailing from here on out.

In the meantime, I've learned how to make some pretty awesome ringtones. I think that's going to be my new hobby. It would be more exciting if anyone actually called my cellphone, but still... My phone records & views videos, too, which is very new for me. If I ever figure out how to use it, I'll be the new Queen of All Media.

I've also been neglecting my poor TiVo, which makes me kind of sad. For once, there's actually something good on TV, and I'm missing it. I know it will still be there when I need it, but it's just not like me to wait for 2 weeks to watch the House premiere. I'm disappointed in myself. Maybe this is what it's like for people who have lives... except without the actual "life" part.

It may be awhile before we catch up to the TiVo queue, actually, because I just received my Seasons 1 & 2 DVDs of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia in the mail today. I have a feeling Mark & Dad are gonna want to check them out, and even though I'm pretty sure I've seen them all, I know I won't be able to resist watching them, too. So now you know what we'll be doing all weekend.

I had fully intended to start posting regular thoughts/reviews of all my favorite TV shows as the season progressed, but I've already gotten so far behind that I don't know when I'll catch up. It would be pretty sad to post my thoughts about month-old episodes. Maybe I'll get all caught up next weekend, while Mark is off in the woods getting drunk with his siblings. I should make Mark write a review of that - I have a feeling it would be much more interesting than anything I've seen on TV in awhile.

I must close with a touching picture that I took with my brand new cellphone camera. It's a bit blurry, but still cute. This is Mark cuddling with one of his bestest friends, his sister Patty's pet Kitty. Kitty is about 200 years old, thin as a rail, flea-ridden and (reportedly) demented, but she's a sweetheart, and she always throws herself at Mark when he visits. It's really kind of disgusting, but they both seem to enjoy it.

No comments: