Saturday, August 11, 2007

I miss this...

I've spent a lot of time the past few weeks collecting digital photographs to use on my new blogs and MySpace page. It's been kinda fun looking back at everyone in younger days, myself included.

But I couldn't help but be a little sad when looking at some of the pictures of the kids. Don't get me wrong - it's not like we never see them. They are usually here about once a month or so, and we always get to spend lots of time visiting. It just struck me how big they're both getting.

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!



Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

I miss being able to pick them up for goodnight kisses. I miss onesies and cute little hats. God help me, I never would have thought that I'd miss Dora the Freakin' Explorer, but I do.

I don't miss the diapers, though... Potty training is one of the greatest inventions known to man. Potty training and tequila. Best when used together, I think.

I'm sure there will be memories I make with the kids in the future that will be just as sweet... We still play together all the time, and it's not like I'd be physically able to hold them now even if they were still small.

It just seems like maybe an era has passed without my noticing... Cue the "Cats In The Cradle".

The only solution I've been able to come up with is for Laura to pop out another baby for me. That would solve EVERYTHING! So, get going on that.

No comments: